Please welcome my guest today, Leslie McKee, who’s here to tell us about her new devotional book releasing today!
The Story Behind the Book:
My book is a 60-day devotional journal that will remind women it is possible to hang on to positive expectations and cling to the hope that can only be found in the Lord … even while living with chronic pain and illness.
Friends had told me for years how I should share my story, how it could encourage others, etc. I resisted, as I didn’t want others to view me differently because of my chronic pain/illness. However, a few years ago, I felt a nudge from the Lord. I tried to ignore it, but it didn’t work. In fact, it became a bit more insistent. I, reluctantly at first, began jotting down some notes and verses that were meaningful to me and helpful on the flare-up days. That later turned into the devotions in this book.
We all want to know that we are seen, that we are heard, that we are not alone, and that we belong. I pray my book reminds women that God sees them. He hears them. He knows their pain. He is with them, and He loves them.
I pray that my book will remind women living with chronic pain and illness that hope can always be found in Jesus, and He has a purpose for their life, even amid the pain.
Why me? Is God punishing me? Is my faith not strong enough for God to heal me? How can I achieve my dreams? What’s my purpose?
If you’re someone living with a chronic illness or chronic pain, these are just a few of the questions you’ve likely asked on more than one occasion. You may feel overlooked or even resentful. You try to stay positive, but some days it’s hard. It’s natural to feel this way and grieve, but it’s still possible to have a hope-filled life. God has a purpose for the pain.
Christians aren’t immune from pain and illness, but we don’t have to go through it alone. Jesus promised that He would “never leave you nor forsake you” (Deuteronomy 31:6 NIV).
Millions of women suffering from chronic pain and illness want the reassurance they’re not alone. The devotions in HOPE Amid the Pain are written by a chronic pain warrior with over twenty-five years’ experience will point them to hope and encouragement. It’s possible to Hang On to Positive Expectations (HOPE) even amid the pain.
- Amazon Pre-Order for paperback copy of HOPE Amid the Pain: https://amzn.to/3Anl7SL
- Amazon Pre-Order for hardcover copy of HOPE Amid the Pain: https://amzn.to/3BVJ1Wd
- Amazon Pre-Order for Kindle copy of HOPE Amid the Pain: https://amzn.to/39fOlHl
- Barnes and Noble Pre-Order for paperback copy of HOPE Amid the Pain: https://bit.ly/3pecPKr
- Barnes and Noble Pre-Order for hardcover copy of HOPE Amid the Pain: https://bit.ly/3peuvW7
- Barnes and Noble Pre-Order for Nook copy of HOPE Amid the Pain: https://bit.ly/3vE7JZf
- Kobo Pre-Order for HOPE Amid the Pain: https://bit.ly/3lUeSkH
- Booktopia Pre-Order for HOPE Amid the Pain: https://bit.ly/3vpviVn
Social Media Links:
Amazon author page: https://amzn.to/3aXGTkU
(@leslielmckee on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter)