Tag Archives: ebook
To say “2015 was a year of ups and downs” may invite an eye roll or two. After all, who ever had a year that cruised bump-free along a Texas straightaway (as Scott from Sapphire Secrets might say) ?
Go ahead and roll those eyes, ‘cuz I’m gonna say it: 2015 was a year of highs and lows for this author.
- In March, I entered my story Paint the Storm into ACFW’s Genesis contest. I’ll never forget the astonishing phone call I got two months later telling me it made the semifinals in the Short Novel category. It was a completely unexpected blessing. (The teeter-totter makes its first liftoff!)
- In June, I waited with nail-biting impatience for the finalists to be named. Alas, my name wasn’t there. (Teeter-totter bites the dust with a bone-crunching thud.)
- In August, I attended a life-changing four-day summer conference. You can read all about it here, here, and here. On top of all that, an agent expressed interest in Sapphire Secrets. (Seesaw launches.)
- But then, the agent decided the manuscript wasn’t a good fit for her market, but at least she didn’t slam the door in my face. (Seesaw sags toward the ground.)
- In October, two wonderful things happened: I republished When Lyric Met Limerick with a new cover and edited content, and for the first time, truly felt like a published author. Shortly thereafter, my entry into the ACFW First Impressions contest (Sapphire Secrets) made finalist in its category! (Seesaw soars toward the sky.)
- But alack and alas, Sapphire Secrets didn’t win First Impressions. What’s that I hear? A seesaw slamming into concrete?
But now the seesaw is going back up. Real soon now, you’ll get to see the new cover for the much-hyped Sapphire Secrets, and even read it for yourself. At last.
And how was YOUR year? What good things are you expecting in this new year?